Monday, 2 May 2016

The decision to call this blog ‘The Accidental Foodie’ was a fairly easy one. I have no idea where my love of food came from. Growing up, regular meals included chicken and chips, jacket potato with salad and cottage pie. Meals out were less Michelin-star, more a Friday night trip to the local chippy. My interest in food and cooking didn’t really develop until I was 18 and had the freedom to try new restaurants and take over the family kitchen without my mum constantly telling me to be careful, as the oven was extremely hot (I never would have guessed).

Once I started cooking, I was hooked. I wanted to cook from scratch as much as possible and trips to the frozen aisle in supermarkets were few and far between. My interest didn’t stem from a desire to be healthier, but to explore different foods and flavours that I’d never experienced before.

So that’s how ‘The Accidental Foodie’ came about. On here, you’ll find recipes that I love to cook every week, to those that are saved for a special occasion. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy them as much as I do.

Jess xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment